Delta Construction Co. was founded in May 1943 by Norman C. Brown in Rio Vista, California. In 1956, the company's operations were centered on Aerojet General Corporation property, located in Folsom, California. From 1956 through 1967, the majority of work was performed at Aerojet and surrounding areas.
On May 1, 1968, the company was incorporated in California as Norman Brown and Sons, Inc. d.b.a. Delta Construction Company The founder retired in 1976. In 1987 the company acquired the California corporation name of Delta Construction Company Inc.
The company moved in 1989 to the south section of Sacramento's industrial area off Jackson Road. Delta procures a substantial portion of its work from various local, state and federal governmental agencies.